digital art. digitally fine. finally digital. fine digital art.

Bill Viola
Saturday June 05th 2010, 2:51 pm
Filed under: Uncategorized

Bill Viola is known as one of the leading artists worldwide. According to his biography, for the past 35 years “he has created videotapes, architectural video installations, sound environments, electronic music performances, flat panel video pieces, and works for television broadcast.” Using his talent for music, he combines them with video images and still images, creating one form of his works of art.

His video works are displayed in museums, galleries and cinemas worldwide. The one below, Acceptance, is the one that interested me the most.

Not only does his artwork get published and public attention, but his pieces of writing do as well. They are translated in different languages to accommodate different cultures.

I found this video on youtube interesting. It suggests the whole “water idea” behind his work, that explains that he fell off a boat when he was younger. I don’t quite understand it completely, but it brings upon many ideas to be on the quiet, intense video art created with water.

Comments Off on Bill Viola